Welcome back everyone after a lovely sunny summer. By now all the children are settled into their new classrooms and getting back into routines.
Junior Infants Our four classes of Junior Infants have settled very well. They will start their full day (9.20am – 2pm) on Wednesday, September 19th. The photographer will visit on Thursday, October 4th to take photos of our Junior Infant pupils.
Book bills / Art & Craft money Thank you to everyone who has paid for Art & Craft and the school books. It makes things easier for the classes if all children have the books and stationary they need. If any of your contact details have changed please update the Secretary.
- Only staff cars may drive into the school grounds.
There are a number of exceptions, the Board of Management has granted permission to three parents to drive into the school. Michael, our Caretaker, is aware of their registration numbers. In a general sense it’s too dangerous for cars to drive into the school. We make these regulations with your child’s safety in mind.
- No Dogs are allowed inside the front gate. A number of children are afraid of dogs and we get constant complaints so please leave the dog at home.
- Prams / Buggies – must be left outside. Our corridors are too narrow and congested for prams / buggies
- Residents of Woodlawn Park have asked that you do not park across their driveways.
- Finally as a security precaution we cannot allow children to be collected from the playground so if you need to pick up your child for an appointment or a family event please avoid the break-time. (11am – 11.15am) and (12.40pm – 1.05pm) and remember to sign your child out. The book is at the front door.
First Communions Our 4 Second classes will be getting ready for their First Holy Communion this year. There will be a meeting for all parents in November to outline the years work. The First Communions will be next May.
May 11th – Mrs. Soffe & Ms. Puirséal’s classes
May 18th – Ms. Foley & Ms. Gallagher’s classes
Congrats We send best wishes to Blathnat Corboy on the birth of baby Annabel. Mrs Corboy is currently out on maternity leave.
Dates to note:
October 29th – November 2nd – Midterm Break
Christmas Holidays – Friday, December 21st at 12noon for all pupils
Re-opening on Monday, January 7th.